Sunday, February 3, 2019

Multi muted V8572

I thought this blouse was finished a while ago but it was one of those that wasn’t quite right.


The fabric was in my stash and I can't remember where I purchased it from but the colours in it means I can wear it with navy, brown and olive skirts.

I ended up doing a burn test to work out what it might be and it is pure polyester although I find it quite comfortable to wear in the heat we have been having recently and it drapes well.

I have:

-  put an invisible zip in the left hand side seam



-  a tiny bias neckband, stitched on by machine and then handstitched in place



I wore it a couple of times and it just didn't look right and finally realised it was too long, only by 1cm but that perfect length was not there. 

So I took the hem up and I thought I had a new top to wear.  Not so!

On my pattern I had noted to shorten the back darts after seeing the pictures of this top, however I also did the same to the front darts (my blog post did say back only) which was a mistake as the top was falling away from my body, not a look that I like.

The top sat around for a few more weeks before I lengthened the front darts into the hem.  I am glad I persisted in getting this right as it has been a great addition to my wardrobe.



*****************
2019 Stash Out: 1.5 m
2019 Stash In: 0 m

4 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Looks lovely. Well done in persisting with those small changes to get a really fabulous fit. That tenacity is surely why you always look so polished (despite the heat).

JanQ said...

Nice looking top, well worth the tweaks.

Dilliander said...

You have made this pattern your own with so many lovely versions over the years! I especially like this new top, very smart and the fit is spot on.

sewTreefrog said...

I like the way that you finished the neckline. Gorgeous top.