Sunday, February 3, 2019

Multi muted V8572

I thought this blouse was finished a while ago but it was one of those that wasn’t quite right.


The fabric was in my stash and I can't remember where I purchased it from but the colours in it means I can wear it with navy, brown and olive skirts.

I ended up doing a burn test to work out what it might be and it is pure polyester although I find it quite comfortable to wear in the heat we have been having recently and it drapes well.

I have:

-  put an invisible zip in the left hand side seam



-  a tiny bias neckband, stitched on by machine and then handstitched in place



I wore it a couple of times and it just didn't look right and finally realised it was too long, only by 1cm but that perfect length was not there. 

So I took the hem up and I thought I had a new top to wear.  Not so!

On my pattern I had noted to shorten the back darts after seeing the pictures of this top, however I also did the same to the front darts (my blog post did say back only) which was a mistake as the top was falling away from my body, not a look that I like.

The top sat around for a few more weeks before I lengthened the front darts into the hem.  I am glad I persisted in getting this right as it has been a great addition to my wardrobe.



*****************
2019 Stash Out: 1.5 m
2019 Stash In: 0 m

4 comments:

SewRuthie said...

Looks lovely. Well done in persisting with those small changes to get a really fabulous fit. That tenacity is surely why you always look so polished (despite the heat).

Jan Q said...

Nice looking top, well worth the tweaks.

Dilliander said...

You have made this pattern your own with so many lovely versions over the years! I especially like this new top, very smart and the fit is spot on.

sewTreefrog said...

I like the way that you finished the neckline. Gorgeous top.