Of course I left it to the last minute but with a sewing weekend coming up I decided to make another DVF Wrap Dress with this dry knit that was in the stash.
|Thank you James Broadway|
As this knit is heavier than my previous DVF dress, I decided to add a waist-stay which is a technique I have never used and I found this very detailed post over at Stitch N Smile.
The next thing I did was to do a gaposis adjustment in the front neckline of 1cm, this has made the front neckline sit much better.
So armed with all my sewing goodies I headed off for a weekend of sewing.
To make the waist-stay I used some navy petersham ribbon I had purchased from Torb and Reiner and a trouser hook and bar.
Then I realised I had to add a buttonhole to the waist-stay as one of the ties for dress has to pass through the side seam,
where I attached the waist-stay to the dress and I had positioned the hook and bar to be offset to be on the other side away from the tie on the outside.
By the end of the 2nd day of sewing the dress just needed hemming and thankfully Mark was on hand that evening to level off the hem so I could use my coverstich to finish the hems that night.
This dress is getting a lot of wear besides Frocktails and I can see it getting a lot more with summer finally arriving.
This will also be my first garment for SWAP 2019 as "One garment may be completed by today (28 October 2018) US Time Zone.
2018 Stash Out: 6.3 m
2018 Stash In: 5.0 m