Well at last I think I am on the right track and made this pair of shorts to see how the fit was so far.
I will share more of the pattern adjustments when I make pants, which I hope will be sometime soon but life is getting in the way of sewing at the moment.
These shorts did start out as the Ellen Woven Shorts by Style Arc but I soon realised that the fabric that I had found in my stash was not going to be drapey enough, so I then changed them to my adjusted pants draft that I made at the Australian Sewing Guild Convention in Melbourne last year.
During this process I also realised these would be for dog walking/working around the yard so the Ellen Woven Shorts pockets were then added. It looks like I have misaligned one of the pockets as it is pulling/visible at the front leg,
but I'm certain Tomba won't mind at all.
Here are some very washed out photos of the shorts so you can see the fit better.
|I'm pretty sure it is the pocket that is causing the pulling.|
My first fabric purchase for the year is 3 metres of brown polyester suiting, as I have decided to take part in the Australian Sewing Guild Pleated Garment Sew-Along I just hope my idea works out!
2019 Stash Out: 3.3 m
2019 Stash In: 3 m