I started with my Self Drafted Skirt pattern and then dug out the detailed instructions that Sue Marriott had given me during her workshop on "how to use your TNT pants pattern to design and construct a pair of jeans" at the ASG Convention in Ballart in 2010.
I made the following changes to my pattern:
- Added seam allowance to the skirt front so that I could have a centre front seam.
- Drew in the fly front extension.
- Drew my front pocket shape and drafted the pocket facing and pocket stay patterns.
- Drew in the back yoke, adding seam allowance to both pieces.
- Copied the back pockets from my Jalie Jeans as I like the shape and size.
Copied the waistband from my Jalie Jeans pattern, adding a bit more length to it, just in case.
The construction from there is just like a pair of jeans - you just don't have a crotch seam to sew!
This time I have finally put in the pocket stay, besides keeping your pockets in place which avoids "tucking in" the pocket when getting dressed, it is also known as a "tummy control panel".
I also edgestitched and topstitched all the seams, including the side seams.
When I went to install the jeans button and rivets I realised that they weren't the same colour so last Saturday night I headed to the M.Recht Accessories website and ordered antique brass jean buttons and nails and much to my delight they arrived on Tuesday, talk about wonderful service!
So here it is!
|Wish I could get the colour consistent!|
This is a great skirt and can see it getting a lot of wear during summer and even autumn.
Stash Out: 24.65 m
Stash In: 22.3 m