Monday, May 2, 2016

Me-Made-May 2016!

Besides finding May has crept up on me, I have really struggled with whether I should join the Me-Made-May 2016 challenge this year, as I do wear my handmade clothes and jewellery the majority of the time.

So I have been trying to think of a challenge or two and have come up with the following pledge:-

"I, Sharon from Petite & Sewing, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16;I will wear handmade clothing (except lingerie) for the duration of May.  My challenge is to finish the Burda wool jacket I started in January this year as well as lengthening the 3/4 sleeves on my Miette cardigan."

The jacket is the same jacket as Kristy has made, Burda 7286 and I took it to Camp Sew & Sew;in Armidale back in January to get fitting assistance as well as spending some time with some fantastic ladies.

Now my Miette cardigan has only been worn this once back in May 2014 when I noticed that the lace pattern at centre front was wrong!  So it has been frogged, and reknitted, however in my haste I forgot to lengthen the sleeves as 3/4 does not work with this warm wool, I need long sleeves.
last seen 2014
Both of these garments will be very useful as the weather cools down so this challenge is perfect.

Now to try and keep up with what is happening on the Flickr Group.


5 comments:

Melwyk said...

That's a good challenge - something specific to add to the wearing part of it! I hadn't really decided if I was going to participate this year either, as I'm mostly wearing me-mades these days anyhow, as well. But I thought it would be a chance to evaluate what I'm actually wearing of my own things this month, so am focusing on that angle in my participation this year.

Sarah Liz said...

I think using MMM to assess non working parts of your wardrobe is a great idea. Good luck with the cardigan reknit - it's pretty and well worth making into something you will be able to wear.

Anonymous said...

What a dress! It is so beautiful that I'm lost for words. Such gorgeous fabric used for a truly beautiful patterns for sewing

Zoe said...

I love that you have made your pledge super specific and useful for yourself this year! Good luck getting both completed, they'll be fantastic additions to your wardrobe no doubt xxx

Gail said...

You really must finish the jacket. The design lines are really stylish.