Thursday, July 31, 2014

Activewear - Avocado Hoodie

I did it, I have sewn 5 garments this month, this is a first for me!

This is my last piece for the Mini Wardrobe competition, it is the Avocado Hoodie by Seamster Patterns.

With my other two tops being sleeveless, I thought I had better plan a layer piece and the hoodie seemed the perfect thing to make as I could play with the panels for some colour blocking.

The patterns is another downloadable one, and I know putting it together and tracing it off was one of my activities during my week at Thredbo last year :)

I traced off a Size 0 and then did the following adjustments:

*  1cm gaposis tuck for the front neckline and 1.5cm round shoulder adjustment on both back and front pattern pieces

*  1cm sway back (not sure why I didn't do the extra 0.5cm)

I again used the brown Stella Cotton Elastomeric 10% Spandex that I have used for all the other pieces as well as the fabric leftover from this top for the hood lining and side panels.

Last Saturday at my ASG meeting I started to sew this hoodie and finished it on Tuesday night.

The directions are very good, except I had some difficulty with the sleeve cuff. The cuff seam is to meet the notch on the sleeve, however if I did this my cuff/sleeve twisted, so my cuff seam is 1.5cm from the sleeve seam and placed towards the front of the sleeve.


I wanted the hood to be a bit warmer, so I added a lining, cutting out another hood in the top fabric, sewing them together and then top stitching around the edge to keep it in place. I like the pop of colour near my face.



Are we going for my walk?

Okay let's go!
I am thrilled with the way this Mini Wardrobe has come together, I don't have to subscribe to the black pants that you find in RTW!

I am also taking this piece as my official completed garment for July!

******************
2014 Stash Out: 24.1 m
2014 Stash In: 45.75 m

18 comments:

Kristy Chan said...

Wow you have been busy and highly productive this month! I am very impressed with all your workout gear and your yoga poses

Sarah Liz said...

This is quite an achievement, I must say. It must have taken some dedication and determination, I do like the Avocado Hoodie - the touch of colour on the panels and in the hood absolutely makes it :)

Dilliander said...

Love how these pieces are all coordinated, your trademark I know but they do look wonderful together (and individually)... you will be walking Roscoe and exercising in style!! Bravo on getting them finished so quickly too :)

Judith said...

Such a great range of clothes in this package you have whipped up! The hoodie is a great addition ... J

Accordion3 said...

Superb series of garments & posts, I've really enjoyed them.

Linda L said...

Great looking hoodie. I may have to give this one a try!

Anonymous said...

Super impressed by your mini workout wardrobe. I've just completed my first knit item, so have such a project in my sights. Thanks for the inspiration :-)

Vicki said...

Looking pretty fit!! Very useful mini wardrobe.

Renata said...

ALMOST makes me want to work out so I can have such a fabulous wardrobe. The hoodie is more my style though, the weights positively wore me out. You do lose brownie points for pink (?) joggers.

Diana said...

Wow! An amazing outfit which is as chic as it looks comfy. Love it

Paola said...

A great workout wardrobe, and a whole lot more interesting than the black-and-fluoro combos in RTW.

Rose said...

lovely! thank yuo for sharing

BeaJay said...

Great hoodie. Love the contrasts in it. What a wonderful addition to your sports wardrobe.

poppykettle said...

Yay for non-black!!! Your hoodie and gym-pant combo is seriously flattering :) Love it!

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

This is a lovely workout wardrobe. All the pieces coordinate so beautifully and the colours really suit you. Congratulations on completing 5 garments within a month too. Great work.

Anonymous said...

I am envious of your workout wardrobe - I need to get mine sorted out as I seem to wear random objects. You have done a splendid job.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on completing your mini wardrobe all 5 pieces look great. I love how the all co-ordinate and are so flattering as well as practical

Therese said...

Very nice Sharon, a complete workout wardrobe! Where do you buy the material?