Saturday, April 15, 2017

Navy linen t-shirt

There is not much to tell about this new t-shirt except that I made it back in February as I was in desperate need for new summer tops.

Using my TNT t-shirt pattern KS 3740 this was a very quick make with the linen knit I purchased in Cairns in July last year.

One of the things I did differently was to use my Juki overlocker to sew the tape into the shoulder seams as I had never done this before.

I also used the binder on my Coverstitch to add the neckband but I forgot to take a photo.

The rest of the top came together quite quickly and after I had glued the hems in place I used my Coverstitch to sew the hems.

This is how I wore it to my ASG meeting at The Remnant Warehouse today,

and Roscoe was very happy to see me home and was demanding a pat.

2017 Stash Out: 3.3 m
2017 Stash In: 4 m


Gail said...

Looks like a good basic t-shirt.

Faye Lewis said...

Nice fit!

JanQ said...

Nice looking t shirt.
Not seen linen knit locally.

Anonymous said...

Nice t-shirt. Your coverstitching looks great. I hadn't thought about glueing the hem, I tend to use a thermabond type stuff. I do love a linen knit and yours is a gorgeous colour, you look very smart.

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Very nice t-shirt and the fit is spot on. Linen knit sounds wonderful.

Valerie said...

It's so good to have TNTs that just work!

Lightning McStitch said...

That's the perfect t-shirt shape and fit for you. Nice!

Vicki said...


harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.