Sunday, April 26, 2015

Orange Swirls

I've got a new top!

This fabric was purchased from Cabramatta in May last year and has been tempting me every since to make it up.

I have again made another version of KS 3740, and this time I have used the base I adjusted back here.


One thing I forget to check with was the amount of stretch this fabric had and it just felt a bit snug when I first made it a week ago.

So during the week, I unpicked the 4 thread overlock on the side seams and added a 4cm tapered gusset to the side seam.


Thankfully with the busy print it is hard to see.


I can see this top getting quite a bit of wear during winter!

******************
2015 Stash Out: 5.85 m
2015 Stash In:13.5 m

13 comments:

Linda L said...

Very nice!!! Great idea for the gusset and not noticeable at all.

Vicki said...

Clever fix! Another useful garment and great when you get to reuse patterns.

Elizabeth Made This said...

Nice fix--you'd never see it in this print. I love the combination of the taupe and orange in the print. You have such a knack for finding beautiful colors for you.

BeaJay said...

I had to look twice - and very closely - to see that gusset. Love the top and as you know I have serious fabric envy. So wish I had purchased some of this. It looks fabulous on you - but where are the tights?

KathyS said...

Another great Kwik Sew 3740. Such a useful pattern. As for the gusset - what gusset? :)

Kristy Chan said...

Great top. I'm with Bev though - isn't there something else you made with this fabric that we're all dying to see?

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Great save with the gusset. I really had to look hard to see it and if I didn't know it was there, I would never have noticed. This top looks like it will integrate beautifully with your wardrobe.

Sarah Liz said...

I do not envy your the job of unpicking the stitches - no fun. Still, worth it in the long run - a very pretty top. What we will do to save a nice fabric :)

AllisonC said...

These colours are so you! Your trick for adding a bit of extra room worked brilliantly, no one would know it was there.

MushyWear said...

Love the print and it looks so nice on you!

Audrey said...

I was looking at a fitted top pattern the other day, that had gussets at the bottom of all the vertical seams as part of the design. I thought it was really interesting. Great looking top in a fun print!. From some of the other comments, I am getting the idea you have tights in the same print. I would love to see them.

Gail said...

Great print Sharon. Looking forward to the weekend sew-in!

becki-c said...

I love the print, so fabulous on you. The fit of this is terrific. I admire your patience un-stitching and making it work.