Friday, October 8, 2010

Possum Yarn

I am someone who has to have something to do with her hands and as I can't always take my sewing machine away with me on holidays or during lengthy road trips I cross-stitch but last year I decided to take up knitting again once I saw this Shawl Collar Jacket at the Turramurra Drapery stand at the Craft and Quilt Fair held at Darling Harbour in June 2009.


It is knitted in double moss stitch and uses TOUCH Possum Yarn. I'm so happy with how it fits and the design is so simple but classic.



I stopped off at All Buttons Great and Small in Newtown on the way home from work on Thursday and got this gorgeous hook and eye clasp.



I wore it in Thredbo last weekend and was surprised at how warm it was and can see that it will get a lot of wear next winter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon

Your jacket has turned out beautifully. Your knitting is lovely and even and the fit is great. Well done. Pity we are not the same size. Lee-Anne

Gay McDonell said...

I know what you mean about keeping hands busy - that's a great jacket - I wish I was as proficient at knitting as you ... and that clasp - totally gorgeous!!

sewistafashionista said...

The sweater looks beautiful. Well done!

kiltsnquilts said...

Love Possum yarn! That looks great, moss stitch is such a great stitch, stable and firm and holds it's shape really well. Great job - you will surely get a lot of wear out of it :-)

velosews said...

You do beautiful work and the clasp really works. So pleased it's such a warm layer too.

Linda T said...

I love it! So classy looking.

Janine said...

Love your jacket - looks so cosy and warm

Lorelle said...

Your jacket is beautiful. Love the clasp.