Monday, September 27, 2010

A quick top

I've been admiring Alison's top and finally bit the bullet and got myself Kwik.Sew 3740 and this fabric was just asking to be made up in it.

This is a very quick top, I traced off the pattern on the Saturday afternoon, and did my normal pattern adjustments:

  • Round shoulder
  • High Round back
  • Front neck gaposis, including this adjsutment in the cowl pattern as well.
On Sunday, after playing around with the fabric pattern placement, I cut it out, and stitched it up with my overlocker and it was ready for hemming that afternoon. Yes, it then took me another week to do the hems but here I am wearing it to work.



Back view



This fabric is very heavy, so I have added a ribbon across the back neck to try and keep in on my shoulders as it keeps falling off them.



I really like how they do the cowl with this pattern, you can't see where it joins, the bodice and I top stitched the neck/cowl seam so it would stay under.

This is a great top and I can see quite a few in my wardorbe.

9 comments:

sdBev said...

The ribbon idea is pure genius! Thanks for sharing.

Gay McDonell said...

I can't see the first photo ..?? But from the back photo - the fabric looks great.... I'll try again later!

Gail said...

Great top and very interesting fabric. How was convention?

velosews said...

You've done a good job with pattern placement and I love the ribbon idea. Very smart work :)

Anonymous said...

The colour is different for you and I think it looks great. I really like the look of the top and think it suits you and am sure you will get a lot of wear. Well Done. LW

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe it only took you a weekend to knock out, it looks fantastic on you.

xxh

Anonymous said...

The top looks fantastic. I love the colour.

kiltsnquilts said...

love the top...I also love cowl necks :-)

Great fabric and the colour is lovely on you.

Sue said...

This top is a favority of mine too. Love the fabric you chose for your first version.