Sunday, March 18, 2018

Como Trunks

Still catching up with my sewing backlog, here is a gift I made for Mark back in September last year.

I have read a lot of reviews of the Thread Theory Como Trunks and purchaed a kit back in 2016 to check out the fabric quality as well as the elastic that they suggest you use.


These were made for our 16th Wedding Anniversary in 2017, and the gemstone colour is Peridot which by my thinking is green therefore this olive fabric in the Como Trunks kit was perfect and thankfully quite quick to make up.

For some reason last year Mark decided to wear trunks and went on a bit of a purchasing spree.  At this time he did make the comment that he didn't want any for his Birthday or Christmas so I felt that I could still give him a pair for our Wedding Anniversary.


As usual the Thread Theory instructions are very clear and you end up with a very professional looking pair of trunks.


The only change I made was the way I sewed on the elastic for the waist, I followed how Mark's RTW trunks were sewn which meant I had to trim the excess fabric away using my Duckbill scissors.

The Coverstitch was perfect for stitching the elastic in place as well as for the two leg hems.


There are no modeled photos but they are in high rotation which is great, but so far there hasn't been a request for any more so I will see if that changes as the year progresses.

******************
2017 Stash Out: 21.9
2017 Stash In: 14.6 m

3 comments:

Nieves said...

Shame there was no model pics, but glad they're on high rotation. They look like RTW, do you think that it would be easy to get similar fabric here in Australia? I think my huby would love it if I made him some.

Sarah Liz said...

These look wonderful, Sharon. I trust your judgement in sewing matters, so will add this to my sewing list now!

Anonymous said...

Gold undies! You have done a great job on these and I'm pleased they are in constant rotation.