Sunday, January 21, 2018

2017 in review



I am very late to the party, but what a year it has been and Gillian from Crafting a Rainbow has again asked us to share our thoughts.

Hits

All of what I have made this year has been has been worn continuously and I am very happy with it all.


Highlights
  • 3 classes with Susan Khalje in Sydney.
  • Trip to Melbourne to see the Dior Exhibition with sewing friends.
  • 3 long weekends away sewing with friends throughout the year.
  • Attending my first Australian Knitting Guild Camp.
  • Bus trip to the Bendigo Wool Show.
  • My Sewing Sister has arrived and I am thrilled with her.
Wearing my Couture Dress

Reflections

It has been an interesting year, sewing took a back seat as we renovated our home and even then the knitting didn't increase but I was surprised that I had completed 9 garments.  The Little French Jacket still has a lot of work to be done, but I plan on finishing it this year.

It also came as a surprise that I managed to curtail my fabric purchasing this year with 21.9 metres going out and only 14.6 metres being added to the collection, this hasn’t happened since 2014 and I would like to continue this way.  Instead I have increased my knitting collection but at this stage it is still contained in 2 small tubs.


Goals

I've realised over the years that I post goals here and then go about and forget about them until my next round up!  After listening to the Love to Sew podcast Episode 22 I realised that I am an "Obliger" and unless I share my goals elsewhere I'm not likely to do it.

I joined Instagram back in January last year and found the #2018makenine hosted by Rochelle from Lucky Lucille.  This is 3 less garments that A Garment a Month which I found difficult to achieve so I am hoping that this format keeps me motivated.  I have chosen my 9 pieces and have started work on the skirt from Vogue 1247.  The question mark will be a top of some sort I'm just trying to work out which pattern.



Thank you everyone who has visited my blog to follow my crafting journey, it is very much appreciated.

Now for the collage of my makes for 2017:



Now to catch up on some blogging.

5 comments:

Sigrid said...

Lovely to see what you made in 2017 in an overview. Have a great 2018 and enjoy your sewing.

Angela said...

What a sewing year! You were very fortunate to attend to 3 classes with Susan Khalje. Maybe somebody could persuade her to come to Europe too?

RebeccaHoward said...

I hadn’t seen anything about Sewing Sister. It looks really interesting. I have been using my scan from mPort as a Croquis to sketch outfits after a bit of work with Photoshop to change it to an outline. But a 3D model of it would be fantastic. Thanks for passing this on:)

Therese said...

Thanks for sharing Sharon! You have been very busy and I always enjoy admiring your lovely garments. The sewing sister is really interesting. May I ask you how much it is? Since I am not very prolific sewer I am not sure if it is worth it.

All the best for 2018!
Therese

Mary S said...

Thank God you were only mia for a short time. Life does get in the way of the things we love to do. Have enjoyed reading your posts. Like every one else i am interested in the Sewing Sister any chance of a post about how you went about acquiring her.