Friday, September 12, 2014

#OWOP - One Week One Pattern - Self Drafted TNT Skirt

I have again signed up for the One Week, One Pattern challenge hosted by Jane where we wear a single pattern for every day of the week.

Before I committed I did a count of what patterns I had used the most of, and it was a close call between KS 3740 and my Self Drafted TNT Skirt.  I did contemplate using both patterns for the week, but bad laundry management didn't allow this to happen.

So this is how I have worn my Self Drafted TNT Skirts for the week.



Green jean styled skirt:
I love this skirt but seriously need to get some more tops to go with, especially for summer!

Brown linen skirt (pre blog):
As you can probably tell from the pictures, this skirt is on its last legs, you only have to look at it and it creases and has been moved from the work wardrobe to weekend wear.

Navy wool skirt:
This skirt has turned into a workhorse over winter and I look forward to getting more wear out of it during the warmer months.

Brown wool skirt:
I am in two minds about this skirt, it is a lovely fine wool, but I feel it needs a bit more structure for a skirt.  I plan on making another at some point as I still have quite a bit of this left and plan on underlining it to see if that will give it the look I am after.

Brown suede skirt:
You can't crease this skirt, it is brilliant - just wash and wear and I can roll it up into a tiny ball in a suitcase and you are none the wiser!

The navy wool skirt and brown linen skirts both got repeated to finish off the week.

This pattern has been a real workhorse for me, it has been used to make skirts, check the fit other skirts (Vogue 1247) and even dresses to make sure the hip curve or lack of is the same!



7 comments:

L said...

This is an interesting concept. This shows the versatility of a pattern. As usual, I love all of your looks.

BeaJay said...

Great skirt and outfits. LOVING the orange tights. Very put together.

justsewtherapeutic said...

Brilliant that you have used a self drafted pattern, good idea to have a basic tnt skirt and I love the green one!

Anonymous said...

I love a good pencil skirt too. Looking great!

Sarah Liz said...

What a lovely selection of classic skirts - they all look great, even the weekend one. What a job doing all the photographs for this - and then forming them into a collage.

Jane said...

What a great week! You can't go wrong with a well fitting pencil skirt! x

Anonymous said...

Yes that skirt fits you brilliantly. You did a great job for OWOP using a self-drafted pattern, well done.