Sunday, September 21, 2014

Building a Wardrobe from Scratch - The Final Pieces

I have surprised myself thinking that I still needed to do a lot of work on my accessories, it was lovely to see that so far I have covered all sets so far!

Step 14  for me is all about staying at home or clothes that we can be active in, walk the dog, or lounge around the house but still confident to answer the door!

So I have added my Jalie Yoga Pants, the Seamster Hoodie as well as my navy shorts.  The lemon singlet is one I have seen and I would love one, as this would be a perfect addition to my wardrobe.



Step 15 is a versatile dress, an accent cardigan and shoes.  I love my Navy dress with the pickstitching but I think it will only last for another summer, so I have been taking my time and making a navy linen shirtmaker and the cardigan I would pair this with are both near completion.

I've added a pair of Diana Ferrari Greneya sandles which I need to purchase soon.



Step 16 is evaluating and balancing the neutrals.  With all the garments I have been adding to my wardrobe Janice has suggested that we make sure we have a "Core of Four" (two tops and two bottoms that will make 4 outfits) in each neutral.  You can see below that I don't have any navy tops!




I have chosen a long sleeved navy t-shirt and a sleeveless navy top , I don't own either of these so they are now on the sewing list.


Step 17 we are just about at the end of the 24 piece wardrobe and may need to add some finishing touches. Note that Janice has deliberately kept out leisurewear and outerwear from this current collection and the focus is all on "street wear".

Looking at my collection below I am missing another casual skirt and think another coral casual top would round it out nicely.



I have just finished the navy skirt, it is another version of Vogue 1247 and will be revealed soon.  The fabric for the coral top is also in the stash.



Step 18 is the last review of our wardrobe , comparing it to Janice's Common Wardrobe and also "Whatever is Clean".  Here we can add a "denim shirt" and two basic tops, but looking at my collection below I am very happy with where I am at.

"Street Wear"

Accessories

Here is what I need to physically add to my wardrobe, a few of the pieces are very close to being finished, and some can wait until Autumn. 



If you take all combinations of outfits using the "street wear" items, I have calculated that I have 377 combinations!!! Now I need to see this.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

377?!? Now that's impressive! I'm in awe of how organised your wardrobe must be, mine's definitely more if a 'work in progress'...

Alison said...

Sharon, I'm impressed with your wardrobe and your mad photoshopping skillz. ;)

Sue said...

Amazing process - thank you for sharing it all with us.

Dilliander said...

Wow, how exciting to see it all coming together like this. Such a lovely collection.

Robyn said...

It must feel really nice to see all your great sewing coming together in a coordinated wardrobe, looking forward to seeing your newest pieces.

BeaJay said...

Another great post. Love that shirt dress.

Unknown said...

I have loved this series, you make it all look so easy. Love the wardrobe you have created.