Then DH advised me we are off to the annual convention for his business and we have a fancy dress night (dress as someone famous) and the Gala dinner to attend.
I soon realized that when I printed off this pattern I hadn't checked the print size box so the pattern wasn't a true size 32 so I started with my TNT dress Simplicity 2648 and changed this pattern by:
- Straightened the shoulders (the forward shoulder adjustment didn't work with this style).
- Joined the back bodice and skirt together at the waist and made a full back piece on the fold.
- Took out a further .5cm (2/8") sway back adjustment.
- Reduced the length of the back darts at the top by 2.5cm (1").
- Moved the zip to the left side seam.
- Took a .8cm (3/8") gaposis tuck out of the back neck band.
- Drafted an all-in-one facing for the neck line and armholes.
For the back neck pieces I used Textureweft and fused it with two layers making sure that I had the grain lines going in opposite directions and I fused the top of the back point.
As I wanted a clean finish on the neckline and back sections I used the information in the Singer Sewing Book dated 1969.
The rest of the dress was was straightforward and of course the lining has a lace edge.
For the Gala dinner (they tend to be rather low key).
and for the Fancy Dress:
I have a number of garments planned but the next project is to work on the Jean-ius course with Kenneth King through Craftsy using a pair of Levis 550 that I love the fit of.