Saturday, May 5, 2012

MMM Day 5

Ah, the first Saturday of the month and that means sewing with my buddies at The Remnant Warehouse at Alexandria (we are all members of the Australian Sewing Guild).  Seeing that Maria is also participating in MMM'12 I asked her if she wanted to do a joint picture which she was thrilled to do.

Photo styling courtesy of Alison

Top: Kwik.Sew 3740 in blue/brown tie die knit from Spotlight (blogged here)
Skirt: BWOF 04-2009-101 in brown cord (blogged here)
Accessory: Made-by-Me necklace and earrings (more detail here).
Hosiery/Nylons: Voodoo Celestial
Shoes: Betts camel flat shoes.

We have a great day here, sewing, chatting about sewing and life in general, and we always seem to get the shoppers interested in what we are doing.

Photo shoot courtesy of Alison

Today's I managed to cut out and sew another version of this skirt in a maroon cord, buttons and hems to be done, so you will see it very shortly.

Don't forget to pop over the Maria's blog to see here MMM'12 creations.

4 comments:

margk said...

I wish I lived in Sydney.....no, wait a minute, no I don't! But I would love to get together with you girls more often!

velosews said...

Thanks Sharon for a great day sewing. Your skirt is going to look great. It already does.

Renata said...

We may not get a lot of sewing done but we have a lot of fun. Alison is totally wicked. Both your outfits (you and Maria) are good to keep up with.

Goodbye Valentino said...

As I opened your blog just now, I thought about how I often confuse you with Maria only to find the two of you in the same photo!! I bet I'm not the only one!