You choose any seven garments from this list:
Button Down Shirt w/Collar
Blouse or shirt (collar is optional)
Shorts or Capri Pants
Jacket (jean jacket, windbreaker, hoodie, etc.)
Coat (suit or sport coat)
Overcoat or Raincoat
Bathing Suit Coverup
From those seven, you can choose four to make twice for a total of 11 garments that will work together. Those four may either be repeated garments from the same pattern, or one each from two different patterns.
The contest runs from 26 December 2011 until 30 April 2012 and you can have 2 previously sewn garments amongst the total 11.
Now I'm planning on using my last 2 garments as the pre-sewn items, so it looks like Navy will feature quite strongly in my SWAP.
The garments I have chosen so far are:
2 x Blouse or Shirt - Vogue 8572 (OOP)
- Burnt Orange - completed
- Navy/Gold/Brown - completed
1 x Dress - Simplicity 2648
- Navy linen with pickstitching - completed
2 x Jeans - Jalie 2908
- White Jeans completed
- Navy Jeans completed.
1 x Skirt - Vogue 7937
- Navy linen, View A - completed
1 x Raincoat - Minoru 1103
- Navy ripstop - pattern adjustments done and fabric cut out and nearly finished.
1 x Shorts - Sure Fit Pants
- Navy twill - completed
1 x Vest - Jalie 3129
- Navy linen - completed
2 x Knit Tops
- Navy/Green striped using Kwik.Sew 3740 - completed
- Brown/Navy/Cream abstract print from Fabulous Fabrics using BWOF 02-2009-108
The remaining 4 garments are still a question mark:
Do I make 2 knits tops, but I really need shorts, which can be a test for the fit for pants :)1 pair now in the plan I will need a navy skirt to go with the jacket (fingers crossed I have enough fabric)Now in the plan
- I really want to fit the Connie Crawford B5300 shirt, but not sure if I have a shirt fabric that will go with the Navy as I'm tyring to work from my stash.
As I don't like having a pictureless post, I thought I would share with you one of Roscoe's favourite things to do:
|It takes days to get the sand out of his fur :)|
22/1/2012 - Plan edited - Jacket out and Skirt in.
17/4/2012 - Plan edited - Shorts, Vest and 2 knits tops are in.