Sunday, July 10, 2011

Accessories

Later this month we are attending a Formal Dinner in Cairns, which is not a frequent event in our lives.

I was tempted to make a new dress, however time was not on my side, so I decided that I would wear the dress I had made for me whilst we were in China in 2008 that was for a Ball that I was attending the night after I arrived home. At the Ball the dress was accessorised with bronze, burgundy and olive.

In an attempt to make the outfit look different, I decided to change the base to charcoal/silver to start with. I did have the dusty silver strappy shoes and was given a beautiful charcoal wrap for my birthday this year, so all I needed was the necklace, earrings and a bag.

So I headed to Goddess Beading at Beverley Hills where I have been having my beading classes with the dress and shoes, and discussed the options with my teacher. This is what we came up with.


Next was the evening bag, so the other week at The Remnant Warehouse, Alison and I found some charcoal wool (that matched the wrap perfectly) and then when reading the Bag'n-telle website I saw a reference to clutch play by the very creative Don Morin. I was lucky and managed to borrow a copy of the Vogue April/May 2011 magazine, so this weekend I have been making my clutch bag.

This is my very first bag and I am rather pleased with the result. I got to play with the quilting attachment on my sewing machine and also had the opportunity to use the Professional Touch Applicator Wand that Alison gave to me for my birthday last year to attach 3 rows of Swarovski Hot Fix Crystals (another gift for the same birthday from a sewing buddy).

Thank you Alison for showing me your bag and the tip about the metallic thread and the cord, it worked a treat.


The clutch has a divider inside.


Here are all the pieces with a small part of the dress (sorry it is not warm enough to wear the dress tonight, but I will try and remember to get a photo at the dinner so you can see the outfit) together with the charcoal wrap.


Next, fingers crossed, is the cargo pants.

11 comments:

Annec said...

So elegant!

Jane said...

Oh Wow Sharon, you are so talented.

sdBev said...

Beautiful! It may be your first bag but I can tell you are enthusiastic and will be making more!

RebeccaHoward said...

Hi Sharon. The accessories are lovely especially the bag. I'm inspired to make one for a Brandenburg Orchestra concert I am going to in town at the end of this month. I love your blog - being also a Sydney sider and petite, your projects are always so interesting for me. Also, I can't believe I have lived in Sydney all my life and never heard of the Remnant Warehouse! I shop for fabric at Spotlight and Lincraft (if I have to) and also Tessutis and The Fabric Store. Have you got any other Sydney gems hiding up your sleeve?

Gay McDonell said...

Great accessories - very nice!

Robyn said...

Great work on the bag and the jewellery - you're going to look beautiful.

Wanda said...

What a great bag! I can hardly wait to see the entire ensemble.
Wanda in Edmonton, Canada

Diana said...

These are just lovely pieces Sharon!
Looking forward to seeing the whole outfit!

Carolyn said...

These colours are amazing together, and you are going to be a knockout!!
I was interested in your colour post; I don't have my swatch anymore (I think it must have got lost in one of our many moves) but I am an Autumn too... Maybe just one of the reasons I was drawn to your gorgeous wardrobe!

Amy Stanton said...

Oh, Sharon! The jewelry is beautiful and that bag is really great! You're going to look fabulous!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Your pieces are wonderful and the bag is very kewl! Hope you had a wonderful time at the ball.