Back in January 2010 my sewing buddy Alison tempted us with the idea of going to the Sewing & Stitchery Expo in Puyallup, Washington in 2011. Needless to say Alison, Velowsewer and I have been planning ever since.
The Expo is on from 3-6 March, 2011 and is held at the Puyallup Fair and Events Centre.
On Christmas Eve I downloaded the Registration Brochure and then have spent a lot of time checking out what I wanted to do.
Online registration started on 10 January 2011 at 10.00am PST, which for us is 5.00am this morning, so the alarm was set and to the computer I went.
I am now booked into the following seminars:
- Interfacing & Underlining - Ron Collins (Power Sewing)
- Totes, Bags, Jewellery & More - Nancy Zieman
- 40 Tips to Improve Your Sewing - Pati Palmer
- Needle Bootcamp - Debra Justice
- Power Sewing Toolbox - Sandra Betzina
- Wonderful Weekend Wardrobes - Sandy Miller
- The Arty Cardi - Marcy Tilton
- Know Your Notions - Geri Grasvik
- Sew With Your Feet - Debra Justice
- Two Patterns for all Seasons - Kathleen Cheetham
- Sew Like a Pro - Connie Crawford
- The Classic Shirtdress Re-Invented - Cecelia Podolak
- The 2-Hour Shirt or Blouse - Marta Alto
- Going Beyond the Basic with Your Coverstitch - Candice Jewett
My flights are booked and Alison has been fantastic in organising our accommodation for us.
We are away for a total of 16 days, so we will also be visiting Seattle, Portland, Utah and Oakland. Now to work out a very compact and versatile wardrobe as the temperatures vary (the coldest will be a chilly 6 degrees Celsius) and it can also be very wet in Puyallup. One of the major issues is having room to bring home all the goodies I'm sure we will purchase, thankfully we are allowed 2 checked bags of 23kgs each.