Sunday, June 10, 2018

Industry Shawl



I can't remember how I found Libby from Truly Myrtle but I am so glad I did.

Libby is from New Zealand and I really do like the way she encompasses knitting, sewing and jewellery making in her life and the fact that she designs knitting patterns is a plus.

There is an active Truly Myrtle group on Raverly and I have just finished listening to all her podcasts, up to the last few in the car whilst driving to and from work.  Back in March Libby went back to video podcasts and I found that watching/listening to the video podcast make the filing at work quite enjoyable for a change and as I am in the office alone a lot of the time, this is not a problem.

Libby held a Knit Along! Spring Shawl, Wrap up KAL and I had this gorgeous SweetGeorgia Tough Love Sock Yarn purchased from Skein Sisters back in October 2017.


Part of the Knit Along was to use one of Libby's patterns and as I only had 1 Skein of yarn and I wanted an easy public travel knitting project I chose the Industry Shawl and carried it around in my knitting bag I made back in April 2016.

Libby uses a very catchy song on her podcast by Mr Roberelli "Casting On"  and one of the lines is "Cause you can do it standing and you can do it sitting" so I've been having some fun knitting standing when waiting for my bus to arrive.


The weekend before the knitalong finished I managed to block the shawl, and it was one of the rare weekends of rain, I set it up in the office with the heater blowing gently across it.

Tomba wants to know why I am up a ladder!
I'm not sure if I will wear the shawl as a shawl


as the front is a bit more difficult to get looking right


so I prefer to wear it more bandana like


which I can then position to fill the gap in the front of my cardigans, as my back is already covered,


the wrap around at the back keeps my neck warm.

I am thoroughly enjoying wearing this shawl and the pop of colour is perfect for the grey days.



2 comments:

Sue said...

Very nice. That is how I like to wear that kind of shawl too. Your knitting always looks so beautiful.

Carolyn said...

What a divine colour! I love your new shawl :)