This bag has appealed to me from the start and I was very happy to sign up for the sewalong.
For my bag I used some home dec fabric which I had purchased from Spotlight back in 2009 for a jacket in my SWAP plans but it never happened and now the fabric stood out for the perfect evening bag.
I reduced the bag pattern by removing 2.5cm (1") around the bag as I wanted a small bag for date nights.
For the main fabric I used some black SheerWeft to stabilise it. The lining is a fat quarter of quilting cotton that was in my stash and I reduced the lining pattern by a scant 3mm (1/8") so that the seams would roll to the inside.
One of the things that I am quite obsessed with is pressing, so even with this bag the pressing happened. This is where my silicone mitt comes in very handy. It looks like the one below.
This lets me put my hand inside the bag and use the edges of the mitt to press the seams open.
|This is version 1.|
Here is the finished bag and the goodies that I carried it in. Hubby even managed to get his wallet in there as well.
|Oops no pattern alignment!|
and I can't believe I have managed to complete a piece in time for the Stashbusting Sewalong :)
2015 Stash Out: 13.95 m
2015 Stash In: 18 m