Sunday, August 17, 2014

I've got pockets! Make a Garment a Month - August completed!

The track pants I made back in April have been in high rotation with the cold winter mornings we have been experiencing.

It was time to make another pair!

I found this useful tutorial that helped me draft a slanted pocket and then I found this great fat quarter in my stash for the pocket bags as I didn't want the extra bulk of 3 layers of fleece on my thighs.


To stop the pockets from bagging I used some cotton twill tape along the edge of the pocket when I attached them to the front pant piece.



Are we going for a walk?

Hurry up Mark!
Next time I will make the pocket bag a bit bigger, but at least now I can carry my phone and keys with me when I take Roscoe for his walk.


******************
2014 Stash Out: 26.75 m
2014 Stash In: 45.75 m

11 comments:

BeaJay said...

I bet those nice warm pants have been in high rotation. I has been bitter hasn't it. Love this version with its sweet pockets. Nice colour too.

Unknown said...

Love the color, seeing a lot of it in the September fashion magazines.

Sarah Liz said...

A good idea to use a lighter weight woven inside the fleecy - I tend to do that as well. Also, it just adds a little something to the garment, that doesn't say Tracky Dags. The pockets smarten the pants up so nicely.

ista said...

Great colour & pockets! It's definitely brisk enough to need track pants

Dilliander said...

Perfect with pockets! Having seen your first cosy pair and now looking out the window at our very grey wet cold windy weather these will be a fab addition for early morning walks and keeping your hands warm too.

Judith said...

Brilliant idea! These will also get a lot of wear as I think there are a few more cold and wet days still to come ... J

Sue said...

Pretty details are so worth the effort.

Anonymous said...

Love those pocket linings :-)

Anonymous said...

The colour of these looks great with the charcoal grey top. Now I've conquered my knit fears, I really must put my mind to sewing some gym stuff :-)

Unknown said...

Is that a Border Collie? Sorry, I think you were showing something you've sewn, but the dog totally distracted me.

Emma said...

Love a contrast fabric. Thanks for the tutorial link, my kids are wanting pockets in their trackies next winter - i was wondering how long i would get away without putting any in!