This is the 2nd half of Gillian's Top 5 for 2013, my Reflections, Inspirations and Goals.
- I thought that my sewing didn’t produce as many garments this year, 22 in total (2 for DH and 1 knitted), but I’ve just noticed that my goal for 2013 was to sew at least 22 so win! This included the 2 major projects, The Trench and Chanel Jacket and a lot of my sewing was completed in the first 4 months of the year.
- I seem to sign up for countless sew-alongs but have only managed to complete 1 on time and the others, well I will have to settle for being late!
- The same goes for Craftsy classes, I have 7 classes that are a combination of free and paid for and so far I haven’t finished one, although my jeans have been basted for the past 12 months J
- I love my sewing as it gives me another focus than my stressful job, and keeps me sane.
- I committed to sew from my stash this year,
I, Sharon of Petite and Sewing, commit to sew 3/4 of all projects in 2013 from Stash. Fabric purchases will be less than the yardage used during the stash sewing in 2013.
and I managed to keep to my pledge, 18 of the above garments were from my stash and a total of 32.65m went out and a scary 24.8m came in.
This is so hard to define, I find it in all sorts of places on the internet, the blogs I follow, Stitcher's Guild, Pattern Review and life in general.
I know that all your comments inspire me to do better with my sewing and I thank you all for that.
- I'm not sure if I should put this here as for the last 2 years I have said I would play with my coverstitch binders and guess what, I still haven't touched them!
- Continue to sew from the stash and commit to sewing 3/4 of my projects from the stash and fabric purchases will be less than what I sew! This could all go out the window if I see any burgundy/aubergine fabric!!
- Complete at least one competition either on Stitcher's Guild or Pattern Review.
- To spend 20 minutes a day in my sewing room, it is surprising how this time adds up!
- I am going to conquer pants!