Now March didn't see any new garments started, but it did see 4 garments finished and here they are.
First up is the brown linen straight skirt that was for the 2009 Swap that still needed hemming in January of this year.
Yes, I am wearing the same top and accessories with it as this one
As you can see, my wardrobe is rather limited.
Second on the list is the brown/coffee/coral linen that I showed you here. I used the same self drafted straight skirt pattern that I did for the brown linen above.
One of the challenges for the 2010 SWAP at Stitcher's Guild was a matched print and I had never done one before. So I decided to challenge myself and match the centre back seam and using Nancy's great tutorial I am really pleased how it has turned out, what do you think?
Now this skirt didn't progress much until I attended one of my ASG groups in February and I only managed to get it hemmed when I visited DM in March.
You will have to wait for another day to find out about the top I am wearing LOL.
The Third garment is the Top to go with the Simplicity Cardi that I made for my DM. I took this to her home the last weekend in March with my Coverpro to finish the hems and here is the final set.
and drum roll please for the Fourth garment....... the LBD is now finished.
The sleeves didn't work, it appears that the wool that I used is a gabardine weave and has no give in it whatsoever and with the sleeves being very tight I had to change direction and make it sleeveless.
The other thing I noticed when trying it on is that it seemed to be very close at the correct length already. Luckily when DH levelled the hem for me I had a scant 1.5cm hem to turn up so I purchased some 2cm bias tape to add to this and here you can see:
- A strip of fusable interfacing fused from the hem fold with a pinked edged 1.5cm wider than the finished hem width. This make your hem a bit firmer and you can then stitch your hem in the safe knowledge that NONE of your stitches will show on the right side of your garment.
- Finished hem
- Mitred corner for the split
- Hong Kong finish on the other side of the split
- Lace attached to the lining
- A Diamond stitched to the top of the split to help stabilise this spot.
I also want to make a belt to go with this, if I can find abelt kit in one of the fabric stores.
Here are the pattern adjustments that I made if you want to check them out.
I'm still working on how to get better colours in my photos as the colour of the final dress IS the correct colour, however the lining and the diamond stitching close up shot is not.
Lucily I have this fabric to make a Chanel Jacket with my ASG group in May.