Lincraft was having a 50% off fabric sale so we came home with 3 metres of Mercury Jersey in Black (Mum) and Chino (for me).
Mum decided she wanted the shorter version of the Cardi so I made view D in a Medium. The hardest part of this pattern is the cutting out of the front panels, they are huge. The floor is the best place to do this, manoeuvring your self- healing mat around underneath the pattern piece so you have nice straight edges so you don't have to hem . I cut the Cardi and sleeveless top out on Saturday afternoon and then on Sunday I had the Cardi sewn up in a couple of hours and the sleeveless top pinned for its first sit down at the sewing machine.
DS mentioned to me the small armholes and that she had made hers a bit deeper/wider and that this felt much better. I got Mum to try the Cardi on before inserting the sleeves and cut out about 1.5cm under the arm and then graded back to nothing just above the sleeve notches. This felt a lot better for Mum.
Here is a very happy Mum modelling her Cardi. This is how she thinks she will wear it, can't see herself tying it in the front.
Now to finish sewing the sleeveless top and get this in the post to her.
The LBD hasn't been forgotten, you will see it soon.