I thought I had better toile the cowl neck pattern that I drafted this week to make sure it works before I cut out the mauve merino wool. The base pattern is V8151 and I have used the tutorial by Pamela Kerr in the Australian Stitches Magazine Vol 14, No.3 page 30 to draft the pattern changes and construct the cowl pattern.
This has been a quick put together and the hems still need to be done, but I am quite happy with the cowl drape and look of the pattern and will finish it.
This is a knit fabric that velowsewer gave me a little while back and it has an elongation ease of 80% (using Christine Jonson's "Perfect Sewing" Worksheet) and the Merino Wool has 100% elongation so I may need to reduce the length of the cowl.
Friday is nearly here, but I will have to wait until I get home from work to start sewing.
(Sorry about the grainy photo, not sure what I did wrong)