Mark does own a pair of red shorts so I didn't feel that purchasing this burnt orange would be too much except my sewing buddies keep telling me it is my colour.
I then had some fun finding some manly cotton fabric for the pocket bags, waistband lining and bias binding.
My madness is based on the fact that Mark has a 30" waist and last year I found it extremely difficult to find pants/trousers in this size and as he prefers not to wear a belt it looks like I could have a new job.
So I cut out a size 30" and then couldn't make up my mind if I was going to do patch pockets or welt pockets.
Welt pockets won, but it has been a long time since I have done these and I'm glad his RTW shorts have the bar tacks at the end of the pockets as this has helped cover my overcutting.
Even though I wasn't completely happy with the welt pockets I decided to still make these as I wasn't sure that the pattern 30" waist would be equal to Mark's real waist.
All seams are flat felled and I have used bias strips for around the edge of the fly.
I found this button in my button jar and think it works perfectly for these shorts.
|This is at the end of the day.|
Now the fabric for these shorts were counted in the 2015 totals, but I attended the Sydney Spoolettes Fabric Destash event last Sunday and donated the green/black mesh knit that you can see at the top left hand of the picture below. This was purchased during our trip to the USA back in 2011 and now I can only see the black in it so I am very happy it has found a new home.
2016 Stash Out: 2.9 m
2016 Stash In: 15 m