It first started here, then the toile and pattern changes and lastly how it looked when you last saw it,
The rain coat fabric had its own requirements, but once I worked up the courage it was very easy to work with.
- I used fusible interfacing, Sheerweft TM for the facings and this fused very well using my Singer Magic Press,
- I used a Sharps needle,and increased the stitch length for my top stitching to 3.5 (previously using 3)
- The fabric ravels quite a bit, so I over-locked/serged all the seams.
- added the hanging strap,
- installed the eyelets on the storm flaps,
- made or sewn on the belt loops,
- made and sewn on the double d-ring closure at the neck edge
this meant I had to do a lot of "going back"!
Now for a lot of detailed photos:
|Pocket bags secured to seams|
|Batting used for sleeve cap|
|Bagged the sleeves using this great tutorial from Grainline Studio|
|Caught the lining on the sleeve seams to stop the sleeves moving forward|
|French Tacks from Couture Sewing Techniques at the shoulder and underarm seams|
|Pockets made for hem weights|
|Interfacing fused at hem, weights in place and hems finished|
|French seams used for the lining|
|Double D rings for neck closure, storm flaps have eyelets with washers installed using a Prym Kit|
I purchased from the UK.
|A closer look at the zippered pocket on left sleeve|
|Belts and buckles.|
|Lining with piping and hanging strap|
|oops, I missed a belt loop!|
and last of all
|can we go play now!|
Stash Out: 19.25m
Stash In: 3.3