Saturday, March 31, 2012

SWAP Stripes

I've decided to make 2 knit tops for my SWAP, so here is the first which is another version of KS 3740 with the higher neckline.

This is the first time I have worked with stripes and it did take some serious pining to get those stripes to line up so I could cut out this fabric as well as to sew the seams.

I saw on the Vivienne Files a great t-shirt in this wardrobe (In the bag picture) which I rather liked and was thrilled that I had a very similar fabric which I had purchased from Knitwit's Winter 2010 collection.

I also used Carolyn's Metalicus finish for the neck binding for this top and am very happy with the way it has turned out.


All the seams have been sewn on my new baby, the Elna Lotus so I could see how she would handle the knits and I am very pleased with the results.  I did use my Coverstitch for the hems.


and look at the matched stripes


all those pins worked perfectly.


So this is Item 8 for my SWAP, the Minoru (which has advanced a bit more) is Item 9, so another knit top and another pair of shorts and I'm finished.

13 comments:

Alison said...

Nice stripe matching! Another great top. You should be very happy.

Carolyn said...

Magnificent stripe matching, and I really like that you used a stripe of a different width for the contrasting. And thank you for the mention, but it isn't really *my* finish, really, hehe :)
You looked amazing during your OWOP too, I just love your sense of colour. Just saying, my daughter's name is Cassie, and my dog is Sienna.

Judith said...

Seam!!! What seam??? You certainly have nailed stripe matching ...

Renata said...

It's the 'easiest' looking things that are sometimes the hardest and time consuming but well worth it in the end. A perfect top.

meli88a said...

Very nice. The collar looks perfect and I can't believe how well you got all those tiny stripes to match up!

The Vivenne Files said...

That's amazing, and really well-done. You can sew for me anytime...
big hug,
Vivienne

Robyn said...

Fantastic stripe matching. I really like the way you've used the smaller stripes and the fit is great. Looks like a winner to me.

gwensews said...

A perfect T is essential. Yours is terrific. I love stripes. Love.

Cherrypix said...

Just LOOK at those matched stripes!!! Beautiful! The neck binding also looks tres professional!

velosews said...

Yay. Another Swap finished. You've done a great job matching the stripes. I love watching Vivienne's style ideas too.

Janine said...

ditto the other comments about the stripe matching . I also love the variation in stripe widths. looks very rTW- IT Is hard to get matching fabrics like that.

Elle said...

Impeccable stripe matching, and what everyone else said about use of big and little stripes. Thank you for the link to the technique. I've just started sewing with knits, this is all so helpful.

theperfectnose said...

That is awesome, I love the neckline!