Even though I have made this skirt a number of times before, although not blogged about, I have been trying to get the skirt to sit at my waist with no luck, it keeps sitting on my hips which isn't what I wanted.
Saran Wrap to my rescue! Even though I have Isabel (my body double) my hip shape has been elusive when fitting my skirts. So I placed the Right Front lower half of my Saran Wrap on my pattern and look at the difference, no wonder my skirts kept sliding down to my hips.
I pinned this amount out for this skirt to make sure I hadn't gone too far, and it worked, my skirt sat on my waist all day long, so my pattern will be adjusted permanently by this amount.
Here is the finished skirt:
|See the Back Vent|
A few extra details for this skirt:
- Topstitched both sides of the front and back panels with Gutterman 310 Topstitch thread,
- Finished the back vents with Hong Kong finishes.
- Added black lace to the lining.
- Added 15mm bias tape to the hem edge (now the skirt is on my waist I need to add some length to the pattern).
- Fused a 4cm wide strip of Textureweft (pinked along the top edge) along the hem fold line to give the hem some body and a great base for doing Herringbone stitch for the hem.
This is my 5th garment for the SWAP and the 6th is giving me some challenges with the buttonhole, but soon ...