Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SSS - Day 13

A beautiful sunny day here, but the office is still cold, so this is my outfit for today:



Top: Diana Ferrari burgundy cross over top with silk organza ties purchased in 2009
Trouser: Vogue 9537 in a black medium weight wool made in 2008.
Cardigan: Portmans grey cardigan with fabric pleating around the neckline purchased in 2010.
Accessory: Pearl necklace and purchased earrings.
Tights: Black tights.
Shoes: Courtney C21 Black leather with patent toe.

At last I am not wearing boots, so I asked DH to take a photo of the back view of the pants, they are a lot better than I thought, but I do want to get rid of the breaks so they fall straight.


Does anyone have any alteration suggestions I can try?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon,

As I had the same problem and was able to fix it, after seeing a Webcast on fitting. It is due to the length of the back crotch.
It consist of making a horizontal dart in the back at the level of the hips.You probably wont be able to fix this one, unless you try to lift them at the waist. I would suggest that you look athttp://www.silhouettepatterns.com/html/media/livestreamchannel/index_replays.htm
There is a wealth of information on these Webcasts and it is free.
Look at the one call Yoga Pants and also Fitting Jeans.
Hope that will help you.
Louise