Sunday, August 9, 2009
Last October at the ASG Conference in Queensland I did a Palmer Pletsch fit workshop with Wendy McKinnon and we worked on this pattern. I ended up doing View B with C neckline mainly because this is what I had cut out and tapped around all the curves for the tissue fitting. This was the first garment that I did a FBA on and doing this on a princess dart was a lot of fun, however we did get there.
This is my toile of the pattern adjustments in this polyester green/grey tweed fabric that was in my stash. I cut out the fabric and lining the other Friday night and had finished it to hemming stage by Sunday afternoon and then it has sat around for weeks waiting for me to hem it which I managed today.
Now I was either wearing a very new bra for that class or gravity has been at work as I have a curve which isn't being filled out above the girls so I will need to adjust this for the next version.
The back looks pretty good and the final test will be wearing this to work.
I had also been reading Yorkshire Lass's post about using scrap fabrics to create bias strips so decided to try this out instead of using the facings for the neckline and armholes and I'm very happy with the result.